Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful For Unknown Memories...

I am sitting here on this early Saturday morning in the cold stages of Arizona's fall season and trying to think about what I should share with the world today and all I can think about is how good the season shift feels and how happy I am to have my family all around me. I guess November really does invoke a "Thankful" feeling to the season. I wonder what it is. Is it the crisp in the air? Maybe it is the kids wrapped all cozy in their feetzie pajamas cuddled in their blankets watch Saturday morning cartoons. It could be the way my 9 month old is shining so bright. I am not sure but I feel really good and I feel a great appreciation for being here in the now.
This morning I jumped in the car to go to the local QT and grab a energy drink and a coffee for my beautiful partner and the air was so crisp from the first fallen rain of the season. I started to feel so nostalgic and happy that the seasons shifted over night. The I started to have the same odd desires I have ever holiday season. When the seasons shift I have this uncontrollable desire to cuddle up in warm clothes and take my family to the city. By city I mean San Francisco or New York. I desire being warm in the cold and seeing the holiday lights and eating in authentic twenties style restaurants. I want to go window shopping and suck in the feelings in the air. The thing is if you know me you know I'm not a big city person. I don't care for crowds the traffic is just not my thing. So where does this uncanny feeling come into play. To me it feels like a memory that plays over and over like a record every year when the season hits. Could it be a memory? Maybe one not of this life or dimension? It's so real that I when I look deep into the feelings I get I explore all the things that feel good to me and it starts to get vivid. Holiday music, smells, cold brisk air, the city, old restaurants, shopping, being cozy, loved ones. I never get any specifics and it tugs at me and all I want to do is indulge in the sensations. There must be more to it than just a change of seasons. Or not. All I know is that today I have a great appreciation for life and I am going to do my best to help others feel the good feelings too!
Today I am thankful for my loved ones and the change of the seasons!
What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear how you are feeling as the season shifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment